President Masisi has appointed 30 year old Bogolo Kenewendo as new Minister of Investment, Trade and Industry.
She is the youngest MP in the Botswana National Assembly.
1. Kenewendo lived and worked in Ghana as a Trade economist in the Ministry of Trade and Industry in the Government of Ghana and was previously employed as an Economic consultant at Econsult Botswana.
2. She was one of two Botswana youth delegates to the 64th Session of the United Nations General Assembly. As part of this responsibility, she was nominated to present a statement of African youth to the Secretary General of the United Nations,
3. She holds MSc in International Economics from the University of Sussex in the United Kingdom and was a recipient of a prestigious Chevening Scholarship in 2012.
4. She completed her BA in Economics at the University of Botswana where she also had the unique experience of taking part in the exchange programme at Pitzer College and completing the regional integration programme – Tor Vergatta, Jean Monnet Summer programme.
4. She is a certified Project Management PRINCE 2 practitioner.
5. Her areas of expertise include: Macroeconomic policy, public debt management, trade policy, export development, trade in services, regulatory frameworks, trade related issues, trade and investment policy, industrial development policy, institutional frameworks for policy formulation, poverty alleviation, financial sector development, etc.
6. Kenewendo is also a seasoned presenter and regularly provides analysis for local and international press.